Your treasure is a highly coveted Caitie facemold. She goes for major $$$$$ on ebay. Her eyelashes can be replaced. She is an older doll with the white cloth body. I'm not sure if she is supposed to have a year on the back of her neck.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2117169127
I found the cutest doll today for..get this...1.99! I couldn't resist it, but I know nothing about My Twinn dolls, and I couldn't figure it out by searching ebay. I apologize for the off topic post but you ladies do seem to know your dolls. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Her body is tagged 1996. No date on the neck, but it does say My Twinn. I gather there are face molds? And what in the world happened to the poor girls' eyelashes??? Were some dolls just made this way? Anyway, she's very pretty, with minor blemishes (marker or crayon) that look like they'll come off. Thank you!!
Your treasure is a highly coveted Caitie facemold. She goes for major $$$$$ on ebay. Her eyelashes can be replaced. She is an older doll with the white cloth body. I'm not sure if she is supposed to have a year on the back of her neck.
Wow! That's a stroke of luck. I looked at her again, her tag says 1997, not 1996. I was wrong about that. There are some minor stains on the body. So she's definitely worth putting on ebay? What should I use to clean her face? Her color is really pretty, but she has a small streak of orange on her face.
She can be cleaned just as AGs are. If there is ink or marker on her vinyl, Oxy 10 (untinted) would work. There has been much talk here today about cleaning vinyl so I'm sure you are bound to run up on more tips.
This sounds really mercenary, but round about how much would a white bodied Catie in this condition go for? I tried searching ebay, but couldn't come up with anything similar. Her hair looks nice, maybe slightly dry. Mild staining on the body. I think the marks are cleanable on the vinyl. I thought about just keeping her when I bought her, but neither of my daughters collect My Twinn dolls. We don't have any My Twinn clothing. She's really beautiful, but I know my daughters would rather have AG dolls than Catie. If I sell her, I can buy AG. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
OXY 10 will bleach out ink and stains on TRUE WHITE cloth bodies too. I used it on a white bodied Lissi Puppe Doll.
You shouldn't NEVER do this on the AG white cloth bodies because they aren't really white though.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 23, 2005 03:37 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>
Thanks! This is definitely white. It doesn't look like ink on the body though, more like Catie sat in something. It's not a really dark stain. It looks like more of a watermark or really, really watered down iced tea on the corner of her bum and along one side seam. And a very small bit of what looks to be much more recent chocolate on her front. I do wonder what happened to her clothing though. Almost every doll I've ever found in a second hand store is naked. It's like their clothing disappears to the same spot the other sock went.
Yup, OXY will take that stuff off those type of white bodies no problem.
Just after the OXY has bleached all the stain out, spot-clean anywhere you put the oxy on the body with a warm damp rag to make sure there is no residue (residue could bleach clothes later).
You can also try to just clean the body the old fashioned way with soap and water first. A toothbrush works wonder for getting out all sorts of grody gunk. Then Oxy anything that won't come out that way [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 23, 2005 03:46 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's really hard to gage ebay. I believe My Twinn just reintroduced the facemold, too. However, she is a true Denver baby. I've seen them go for up to $400 on ebay several times, but don't quote me because ebay is a stab in the dark sometimes.Originally posted by BridgetL:
This sounds really mercenary, but round about how much would a white bodied Catie in this condition go for? I tried searching ebay, but couldn't come up with anything similar.
Will do, and thank you both for the help and advice. [img]smile.gif[/img] I always wondered about the My Twinns, but we had the AG girls and weren't really looking to switch. The books are what sold my daughters on the AG. The My Twinns are definitely pretty dolls though. The posable thing is kind of nice as well.
Bookmarks